Graptoveria ‘Lovely Rose’ is a rare Korean succulent that resembles a rose with long stalks and petals in the shape of a rose. A monstrose form of Graptoveria Titubans Graptoveria are hybrid crosses between Graptopetalum and Echeveria. Due to this mixed parentage, they form a diverse genus, but most are low growing, cultivated for their beautiful shapes and colours. They produce stemless, clump-forming rosettes with thick leaves.
This plant has a rosette of leaves and can grow up to 6 inches in diameter. Leaves are very particular: fleshy, obovate pointed at the apex, silver-green glaucous in color. The rosette is compact and leaves tend to close toward the center taking on a shape similar to the rose blossom, for this reason this hybrid is called ‘Lovely Rose’.
The succulent can grow lonely or in clumps depending on climate conditions. This hybrid is very rare and appreciated by collectors for its particular color. For its resemblance to the rose flower it is usually used like a centerpiece.
Light: Lovely Rose is a succulent species that likes sunlight very much. The normal growth color is yellow-green, and when it receives sufficient light, it will turn pink or bright red, which makes the lovely rose extremely ornamental at this time. When raising a lovely rose, you can condition the intensity of light according to your needs. However, it is important to keep more than 5 hours of sunlight per day to keep the rose in color. In the hot summer and early autumn when the light is strong, proper shade is needed to avoid sunburning the leaves. The rest of the season is the more light the better, without worrying about it being sunburned. Adequate light will also prevent the lovely rose from growing.
Water: The humidity of the potting soil should not be too high and there is a great fear of waterlogging in the pot. Therefore, when we are raising Lovely Rose, we water them and try to wait until the potting soil is dry and then water them once more thoroughly, following principle of "not dry, not watering" to avoid potting soil water, which does not allow them to grow normally and also makes the colors of Lovely Rose more vibrant.
Soil: Like to grow in loose, fertile, and well-drained soil that is not easily caked, and can be prepared with a mixture of peat, coconut coir and granular soil.
Potting: Choose high pots, and the bottom of the pot needs to have drainage holes. Lovely Rose are not particularly large, the pot does not need to be too large, in addition do not choose which small diameter pots will affect the growth.
Temperature: Optimal growth temperature between 59 - 68°F (15 -20 ℃), the growth period is mainly in the spring and autumn, summer and winter to control the temperature, the highest summer can not be higher than 95°F (35 ℃), timely ventilation and cooling, the lowest winter can not be lower than 41°F (5 ℃), timely moved to indoor maintenance to keep warm.
Humidity: Lovely Rose grows well in average household humidity levels when grown indoors. Does not like too much humidity. Normal household humidity is good for this plant.
Shipping & Handling
- The 2 Inch Graptoveria 'Lovely Rose' plants are shipped with the pot and soil
- The 4 Inch and larger plants are shipped bare roots without the pot and soil:
- We commit to shipping bare roots, which requires more time and labor, and provide excellent quality and service to our customers - see Benefits of Shipping Bare Roots
- You will receive a very similar plant to the one shown in the photos; shape and color may vary
- Ship within USA & its outlying territories only
- Please visit Order Processing & Shipping info page for additional details
Please visit our Succulent Care info page for more details.
To ensure the health of succulents, it is important to plant them in porous, well-draining soil. Succulents require little watering, but don't like to sit in wet soil. To create an adequate cactus mix, simply add pumice, perlite, or grit to cactus soil to provide the proper drainage.
Make sure to leave drought periods between waterings to prevent the plant from water-logging.
- When ordering, be mindful that living succulents can be damaged by the cold weather.
- If you live in an area that is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, please add a shipping warmer to your order or consider purchasing plant until the weather is more suitable.
- Shipping Warmer: 72+ Hours Heat Packs available for $1.7 each
Packaging & Handling
Vast majority of our plants shown in 4" pot and above are shipped bare roots.
Most plants shown in 2" pots are shipped in their original plastic pots with soil because they are small and are less subject to damaging during transit.
When a shipping box contains multiple plants, we carefully wrap each individual plant in tissue paper, then fill the remaining space in the box with eco-friendly newspaper and magazine paper to ensure the plants don't move around during shipping, and hence minimize shipping shock.
Shipping with Pots
The plants listed below are shipped with the pot and soil to ensure that they can stay healthy through transit:
- Most plants shown in 2" pot (exclusion applies, some 2" plants are shipped bare root to provide better protection)
- String of Pearls in 2" and 4" pot
- Variegated String of Pearls
- String of Hearts
- Variegated String of Hearts
Shipping Bare Roots
Shipping bare roots and soft paper wrapping provide the following benefits:
- Prevent broken parts, fracture, scuffing, and fallen nodes/leaves
- Minimize residual moisture within the package
- Prevent soil getting into the leaves and causing a big mess
- Reduce shipping weight and the cost that our customers pay
In order for our plants to arrive at your front door in great condition, we have established the following shipping practices to ensure a safe arrival:
- The succulents are removed from their nursery pots, stripped of their soil, and set aside to dry if necessary.
- Each succulent is then wrapped in tissue paper to protect them during transit. The tissue paper serves two purposes; a) to protect the plants from one another and b) to wick away any residual moisture from the root system.
- The wrapped plants are then packed into a cardboard shipping box. The voids within the box are filled with eco-friendly newspaper and magazine paper, in order to prevent movement of the plants within the box, and hence minimize shipping shock.
While this process requires a significant time investment, we feel it's the best way to demonstrate our commitment to delivering high-quality plants in great condition.
We handpick the succulents and only ship out the most beautiful and healthy specimens. If you have any concern about the health and shape of your plants, please contact us immediately. We are always here to answer your questions.
Our shipping rates are calculated based on the total weight of purchased items.
If your order is over 1 lb, USPS First Class Package would not be available and USPS Priority Mail is offered.
With USPS Priority Mail and UPS services, the shipping rates will be charged at the next full pound rounded up.
For example, if the current items in your cart weigh 1.2 lb, you could add more plants to your cart up to a total weight of 2 lb without incurring extra shipping cost.
Here are some weight range for different sizes of plants. The actual weight for each item might vary:
2" Plants - 0.15 - 0.2 lb each
4" Plants - 0.3 - 0.4 lb each
6" Plants - 0.5 - 0.7 lb each
8" Plants - 0.7 - 1.2 lb each
Plant orders are shipped within 1-3 business days from the date of purchase. We thank you for your patience as we are always working as hard as possible to pack and ship your orders.
The reason why order processing could take up to 3 business days is because when plants are removed from the soil in preparation for packaging and shipping, we need to wait for the plants and roots to dry out. This can ensure that they can stay healthy over the course of transit.
Occasionally, additional processing time may be required for restocking inventory between our nursery and store.
Additional processing time may be required during Sale or Promotional periods due to above average order volume.
If you need your order urgently, please contact us via chat or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about estimated handling time before you make your purchase.
If you place multiple orders within a short time frame, we may combine your orders and ship all your items in one package. A refund is not automatically given because each order requires time and labor to process, and in many occasions, combined shipping cost is only marginally lower because of the increase in shipping weight or possible Priority Mail shipping upgrade.
Shipping Methods and Transit Time
We ship our plants Monday through Friday, all twelve months of the year.
We partner and ship our orders with multiple major USPS carriers, including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL. During the checkout process, you could select the shipping service that you prefer, and we'll try our best to accommodate your request. When we ship out the orders, there are cases that we might change and upgrade your shipping service to 2 day shipping, such as FedEx 2Day Express, without further notice.
Please note that these shipping times are simply estimates and may take longer than anticipated. Succulents Depot has no control over what happens to packages after they are in the possession of the shipping carrier. If your order takes longer than the expected due to a mishap with the shipping carrier, don't panic; succulents are very hardy and can handle shipping durations of a week to 10 days quite easily.
Receiving and Opening Your Package
While meticulously packaged, the plants might still be unhappy with being in a dark box for a long time. Therefore, some may look slightly dull and wilted. Therefore, right after you receive the package, open it immediately.
Carefully and gently remove the packing materials. Don't put the plants in sunlight immediately. These are greenhouse grown succulents, so they need to get acclimated to sunlight gradually. Keep them in shade or indirect sunlight, and slowly introduce them to direct sunlight.
Give the plants a few days to recover, then repot if necessary and start watering. If you receive the plants bare root, immediately pot them in succulent and cactus soil mix, then follow the same instructions above. The plants should perk up after getting a good soak from watering.
Visit our Succulent Care page for additional info and tips.
Shipping in Summer
It is the responsibility of customers residing in areas subject to extreme heat waves to plan the shipments until the weather is safe for shipping. Please leave a note in your order or contact us to postpone or reschedule your shipments. Extremely high temperature can cause the plants to rot and die. Make sure to retrieve the packages as soon as they are delivered. Don't let the packages sit under direct sunlight for more than an hour.
⚠️ Succulents Depot is not responsible for damage done to plants by extreme weather. We cannot control the weather. Order at your own risk.
Shipping in Winter
It is the responsibility of customers residing in areas subject to freezing weather to purchase a Heat Pack. While heat packs do not guarantee protection from frost, they will help prevent damage from occurring. Make sure to retrieve the packages as soon as they are delivered. Don't let the packages sit under direct sunlight for more than an hour.
Heat Packs can be ordered here:
⚠️ Succulents Depot is not responsible for damage done to plants by extreme weather. We cannot control the weather. Order at your own risk.
We provide Quality Guarantee for our items for 7 days from the date of delivery. If you have any concerns about the quality and condition of the items when they arrived, please contact us within 7 days of delivery. You must submit photos that clearly reflect the condition of the items.
We only ship out beautiful and healthy plants that are disease free and of good quality. That being said, we cannot control what happens to your order during transit. We cannot accept returns for plants because the plants cannot survive 2 way shipping.
Please track your package and open it immediately upon arrival. Fragile plants such as bear paw, baby toe, etc. may break or lose a few of their leaves during transport.
If you receive your package and are not satisfied, or if your plants are severely damaged, please message us immediately. We'll try our best to accommodate you.
Covered by Quality Guarantee:
- No roots
- Root rot
- Broken stems
- Pest infestation (mealy bug, aphids, scale, etc)
- Numerous broken or missing leaves
- Incorrect or missing plant or product
- Visible damage to pots, planters, or other accessories
Not Covered by Quality Guarantee (Partial credits may be granted subject to our review and approval):
- Damaged items or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Dried or wilted bottom leaves (naturally occurring in all plants; can be easily pulled off without damaging the plant)
- Potting soil on leaves (easily washed off with first watering)
- A couple of broken, missing, or wilted leaves, as long as 75% or more healthy leaves remain intact
- Minor color / shape differences from photograph in product listings (many succulents change color / shape continuously)
- Items damaged due to cold weather and a heat pack / shipping warmer is not purchased
- Repotted plants that were shipped in the original nursery pot
- Plants that fell off from the original nursery pot with stems and roots being intact and 75% or more healthy leaves remain intact
- Assorted products that differ from product photograph (EG: collections and trays where selection is our choice)
- Package not received claims when proof of delivery is provided by the postal carrier
- Packages that arrive late because of shipping delay with the carrier
- Packages that are forwarded to a different address than the designated shipping address
- Any issues with the plants after 7 days of delivery
Plants may be slightly larger or smaller than the pot they are grown in, depending on availability or time of year. Sedums such as Cherry Tart and Lime Zinger are dormant in the winter, i.e. they wilt, start dropping leaves, and look dead. It's simply a survival mechanism that help succulents stay alive over the cold winter and gear up for warmer days ahead.
We gladly offer refund, store credit, or replacements for your orders for reasons such as items arrived damaged, items not as described, items missing or not received, wrong items received, etc.
If you have any issues with your plant order, please contact us within 7 days of delivery: email@example.com
Please provide your order number and photos of the items and the package. If the items are damaged, you must submit photos that clearly reflect the condition of the items and/or damage to the shipping box.
Once your refund request is received, reviewed, and approved, your refund will be processed promptly. A credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, if your order qualifies for a credit through our Quality Guarantee, you’ll receive a gift credit through email.
Replacement (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. You don't need to ship the original items back to use. Please contact us at email@example.com to submit your replacement inquiry.